The newest Anime Forum!
 
HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Naruto 480 review and discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Do U think the fight is over?
Oh yeah...or I hope so..
100%
 100% [ 2 ]
Not really...Kishi is confusing
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2
 

AuthorMessage
benelori
Captain Level
avatar

Age : 28
Male Posts : 1055
Location : somewhere....over the rainbow...
Join date : 2010-01-24

PostSubject: Naruto 480 review and discussion   Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:37 am



Hi...we arrived to THAT time of the week, which is Naruto chapter and review. This time sleepyfans were faster, so thanks for the good work.
Some shocking panels, some idiotic lines, but all in all, everything got wrapped up...HAJIME!



The title is interesting. Several chapters ago, Danzou talked about sacrifice, but he used self-sacrifice as a model for shinobi,as he praised Itachi being a true shinobi, from this point of view. So maybe we'll get a bigger picture of what Itachi was or somebody else will incorporate that word?
Let's make a short recap of what happened okay? Danzou ran away from the Kage Summit which was under attack by Sasuke. But Sasuke got injured gravely, so he needed to be saved by Zetsu, Madara, and then Karin. As Danzou was running away, Madara appeared in front of him and had his two men disappear from the scene. Then he brough back Sasuke and the battle commenced.
As promised by Kishi, this week we get the conclusion of this spectacular battle. But let's do this by the book.



Oh yeah...Kishi likes to give wrap this battle into spectacular panels. Another panorama, which is a continuation of last week, is ahead of us, showing us two skilled shinobi, stabbing each other, forgetting stuff like Kawarimi no jutsu.
But it seems like Sasuke is not quite out of it yet, because as Danzou is grinning making this last strike his victory, something seems wrong.

As we thought last week, Sasuke used genjutsu on Danzou in order to fool him about the remaining time for using Izanagi.
It's a good sign that even through all that hatred coming out of him, he managed to channel it properly, and showed us that he didn't lose his insight and the ability to plan ahead. Very nice Sasuke, even though U didn't know how what Izanagi is U managed to judge correctly.
So basically it's like this. Before the last attack Sasuke put a genjutsu on Danzou which lasted a short while, so indeed Sasuke's time manipulation is far behind Itachi's. But it was enough for Danzou to think that he has one more eye left, and he took the blow in order to ensure that Sasuke is hit as well. The last eye actually was already closed before the attack, even if it was in extremis. The one who explains all this is Madara himself, who interpreted this battle correctly, but as he is doing a short recap of the battle, when he's thinking about genjutsu and how Sasuke used it this is what is shown to us.

I was confused. Was that the time when Sasuke used genjutsu, or was that just a picture relating to genjutsu and Itachi's name. So I inspected things again...When Sasuke used the Itachi genjutsu, it was in order to immobilize Danzou to make him lose his guard. Maybe he was checking if Danzou can be caught in a genjutsu or not. Then I took a look at the last panels of the last chapter and I concluded, that the Itachi genjutsu has nothing to do with what Sasuke did now. Though the choice of words and the choice of panels is a bit confusing, everything was planned to trick Danzou in this last trap. To be able to get him into a short genjutsu which makes him think that Izanagi is still active.
So this time I agree with the guy

So far it's as promised...the battle is over, at least the winner is decided, since Danzou is on the ground with deep wounds, but Sasuke is, too. But Karin is nearby, and along with Madara's praises of Karin, she becomes once again Sasuke's first-aid kit.

Oh yeah, baby...this is every fangirls dream...bite me Sasuke... But Danzou says "bite me" as well, as he is not giving up, maybe he has some strength hidden somewhere. He has Mokuton of course, and maybe Shisui's eye power will recover as well, who knows. But he's not giving up that's for sure, and this time he gives a different meaning to the phrase "bite me".
Apparenty he tries to use mokuton, but as he is at his limit, his chakra control fails, and Hashirama's DNA starts to take over his body. He doesn't want that to happen and cuts down his arm.
Surviving yet another ordeal, he takes off the bandages and Shisui's eye is revealed and it seems to be functioning again.
We get a short glimpse of his feelings, as he takes Karin as hostage, but there's nothing new on the horizont. Though this time the term sacrifice is different from that of Itachi's, and judging from this...

...we somehow get the feeling that Karin will be sacrificed.
We can also notice that Sasuke didn't deactivate Chidori, and knowing that for him, the distance is not an issue...

OMG...he did it...so this was the sacrifice...I'm not surprised, and it seems like Sasuke stabbing Karin as well, threw him into the darkness more. I disagree with that somehow...that darkness...I thought he was descending into darkness slowly, by giving into anger, by sacrificing their comrades, who made him remember his old teammates(on a second thought maybe that's why he struck karin and left the other 2 own their own, because he remembered team 7)...back to what I was saying...so I thought this was a process...
"Niisan...that's one down"???...does this guy think he's doing a favor to Itachi, or at least doing as he wished...if I'm right then Sasuke was nuts from the beginning, so these latest anger developments, were just well hidden...or maybe when Itachi touched his forehead, back then, he whispered:"Kill them all Sasuke"

Quick summary/Opinions

I won't give the mark based on how idiot is Sasuke. So the chapter deserves an 7.5/10. The plot didn't really move forward, because even if the author says, that Karin was sacrificed in order for Danzou to die, that's not necessarily the case. The battle scenes were great, and Sasuke's insight was great to emerge again. So seeing some actual shinobi skill was reasssuring, but everything collapsed with the last panel. Also this fight got a bit dragged with Danzou's last breath, but it revealed us some details about the arm, along with losing the arm for good.

Predictions/Want to happen

Okay...so as I said, things don't necessarily stand as they are presented to us. Danzou might have used his last eye for Izanagi, which would be great becuz he would remain in the story with great influence on it later. But I don't think this is the case, why? Becuz when the last eye on the sharingarm was closed Izanagi ended, that's why Danzou got injured. In order for danzou to use Izanagi again, he had to do those seals again, which he didn't, so I think Danzou is dead.
The other concern is Karin...she is shorter the Danzou so she might be alive, but gravely injured, because I see no reason of using a title like that if it wasn't the case.
So it's like this...next week, Danzou is dead, but I think/hope Karin is, too. It's not like I hate Karin or want her to vanish(I actually liked her abilities), but it would be good for story consistency. Team suicide will arrive, and maybe there will be a short clash, between them and sasuke or maybe Madara, but it will be short, because everybody needs to be alive, and Kakashi is on the move. So lots of talking next week and the clear conclusion for the fight.

Hope U enjoyed the review and the chapter, even if there's a high possibility, U didn't enjoy either of them.Stay safe until next week, thanx again Sleepyfans.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigJDelux
Vice-Captain Level
avatar

Age : 36
Male Posts : 539
Location : doing fist bumps with Shinji, then drinking with Hisagi
Join date : 2010-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Naruto 480 review and discussion   Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:08 am

good review as always bene. i agree with you on most of this. i liked karin, but i am wondering if she was not also sacrificed. I think danzou is DEAD. other than his being a hinderance to other characters, he is no longer hokage. his ambitions and goals are foiled, so he has no reason to still exist in the story.

i think sasuke is growing evil rapidly because he actually values madara's advice and opinions. even if he was told the truth about his brother, he was told by someone who hates konoha. that influence in the story-telling, i think, has contorted sasuke's view of the world in general.

i think next week we will quickly see if karin is still alive, and then cut to sakura or back to naruto.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
demonart
Vice-Captain Level
avatar

Age : 26
Male Posts : 691
Join date : 2010-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Naruto 480 review and discussion   Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:28 am

I actually didn't thought that karin would be sacrifice because before the thing happened, sasuke was all like "karin, don't move"...so I was thinking he was devising some plan to kill danzou without hurting karin. But after then, with all those devious eyes of him, I don't think he held back with that attack. if karin would die, i wonder who's gonna do the healing stuff in sasuke's group. i like karin as well, but not all the flirty flirty stuff she does to sasuke xp.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigJDelux
Vice-Captain Level
avatar

Age : 36
Male Posts : 539
Location : doing fist bumps with Shinji, then drinking with Hisagi
Join date : 2010-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Naruto 480 review and discussion   Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:41 am

demonart wrote:
I actually didn't thought that karin would be sacrifice because before the thing happened, sasuke was all like "karin, don't move"...so I was thinking he was devising some plan to kill danzou without hurting karin. But after then, with all those devious eyes of him, I don't think he held back with that attack. if karin would die, i wonder who's gonna do the healing stuff in sasuke's group. i like karin as well, but not all the flirty flirty stuff she does to sasuke xp.

i am actually kinda curious about that too, if karin is in fact deceased Smile suigetsu doesn't need it because of his power, but the rest of them will. i wanna know also if danzou has lost all of his hashirama powers too.

and the wait for next week begins. . . affraid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
benelori
Captain Level
avatar

Age : 28
Male Posts : 1055
Location : somewhere....over the rainbow...
Join date : 2010-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Naruto 480 review and discussion   Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:06 am

demonart wrote:
I actually didn't thought that karin would be sacrifice because before the thing happened, sasuke was all like "karin, don't move"...so I was thinking he was devising some plan to kill danzou without hurting karin. But after then, with all those devious eyes of him, I don't think he held back with that attack. if karin would die, i wonder who's gonna do the healing stuff in sasuke's group. i like karin as well, but not all the flirty flirty stuff she does to sasuke xp.

Yep...that is the part that backs up the Karin is not dead theory...so it might be that Karin is gravely injured...but sasuke is, too...
I think of something like this...Madara seeing Karin as useful might want to keep karin at their side...Sasuke doesn't really care and he is injured, too, so from that point of view he will somehow, directly or indirectly abandon her...but if suicide squad will arrive, and interrupt things, plus kakashi on their tail...Karin might actually die, and then Kishimoto's choice of words(sacrifice) will be a good choice...but in this case imagine if sakura will heal karin, and by some weird development taka meets up wit naruto and co....they will try to search for sasuke together...maaan...that would be some twist

BigJDelux wrote:
good review as always bene. i agree with you on most of this. i liked karin, but i am wondering if she was not also sacrificed. I think danzou is DEAD. other than his being a hinderance to other characters, he is no longer hokage. his ambitions and goals are foiled, so he has no reason to still exist in the story.

i think sasuke is growing evil rapidly because he actually values madara's advice and opinions. even if he was told the truth about his brother, he was told by someone who hates konoha. that influence in the story-telling, i think, has contorted sasuke's view of the world in general.

i think next week we will quickly see if karin is still alive, and then cut to sakura or back to naruto.

Glad U liked it...Danzou is a hinderance, but his actions are for konoha, so at times of war he and root might not be as hinderance as thought...but he lost his sharingarm, along with shodai's dna...so his assumed goal of controlling kyuubi is gone, he's very weak and holds no more influential position at home...so I say he's dead, too...but it would be interesting if he would remain alive somehow...maybe after things calmed down, Kabuto will rush in to heal him...who knows


Last edited by benelori on Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
demonart
Vice-Captain Level
avatar

Age : 26
Male Posts : 691
Join date : 2010-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Naruto 480 review and discussion   Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:48 am

benelori wrote:
demonart wrote:
I actually didn't thought that karin would be sacrifice because before the thing happened, sasuke was all like "karin, don't move"...so I was thinking he was devising some plan to kill danzou without hurting karin. But after then, with all those devious eyes of him, I don't think he held back with that attack. if karin would die, i wonder who's gonna do the healing stuff in sasuke's group. i like karin as well, but not all the flirty flirty stuff she does to sasuke xp.

Yep...that is the part that backs up the Karin is not dead theory...so it might be that Karin is gravely injured...but sasuke is, too...
I think of something like this...Madara seeing Karin as useful might want to keep karin at their side...Sasuke doesn't really care and he is injured, too, so from that point of view he will somehow, directly or indirectly abandon her...but if suicide squad will arrive, and interrupt things, plus kakashi on their tail...Karin might actually die, and then Kishimoto's choice of words(sacrifice) will be a good choice...but in this case imagine if sakura will heal karin, and by some weird development taka meets up wit naruto and co....they will try to search for sasuke together...maaan...that would be some twist

BigJDelux wrote:
good review as always bene. i agree with you on most of this. i liked karin, but i am wondering if she was not also sacrificed. I think danzou is DEAD. other than his being a hinderance to other characters, he is no longer hokage. his ambitions and goals are foiled, so he has no reason to still exist in the story.

i think sasuke is growing evil rapidly because he actually values madara's advice and opinions. even if he was told the truth about his brother, he was told by someone who hates konoha. that influence in the story-telling, i think, has contorted sasuke's view of the world in general.

i think next week we will quickly see if karin is still alive, and then cut to sakura or back to naruto.

Glad U liked it...Danzou is a hinderance, but his actions are for konoha, so at times of war he and root might not be as hinderance as thought...but he lost his sharingarm, along with shodai's dna...so his assumed goal of controlling kyuubi is gone, he's very weak and holds no more influential position at home...so I say he's dead, too...but it would be interesting if he would remain alive somehow...maybe after things calmed down, Kabuto will rush in to heal him...who knows

o yea kabuto, i almost forgot that the dude is still in the show...and yea maybe he'll do the healing stuff...he can come out of nowhere.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Somedude
Seated Officer Level
avatar

Age : 24
Male Posts : 210
Location : the edge of the world [florida]
Join date : 2010-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Naruto 480 review and discussion   Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:50 pm

I reiterate that Sasuke is a complete bitch and his character is ruined

I mean, to just sacrifice Karin to push forward his own fucked up agenda is just a bit too much IMO.

Also yeah it's only been like 300 chapters since Kabuto last appeared, we need more of him
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Naruto 480 review and discussion   

Back to top Go down
 
Naruto 480 review and discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Naruto Chapter 617
» Naruto Chapter 615
» The longest discussion on forum?
» Naruto RP: The Lightning Country Observations
» Guilty Crown Discussion Topic

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Soul Society :: Social Area :: Reviews-
Jump to: